Obesity is a complex disease, the main symptom of which is an increase in body weight to a level above the established norm. The calculation is carried out according to a special technique.
The World Health Organization reports about 40% of obese people. The tendency to increase the number of “patients” is growing over the years.
Obesity pills are one of the possible measures. But, you need to understand two points:
- There can be many reasons for being overweight: endocrine pathologies, psychological addictions, and others;
- There will be no sense in taking medications for weight loss if you do not keep a well-chosen diet and do not have an individual regime of physical exercise.
Therefore, you can’t hope for a magic remedy for weight loss. There is no point in taking medications only. They can enhance your metabolism but it may be not enough to activate the process of burning fat.
The main directions of weight loss therapy with pills and other ways
- Correction of water-salt balance. Fluid retention is one of the reasons for obesity;
- Suppression of false appetite. It occurs at the time of stress, intense physical activity, and other moments of increased activity of the nervous system and cardiac activity;
- Correction of endocrine problems, hormonal background;
- Normalization of metabolism. Many obese people say “I have a slow metabolism.” They really do. Therefore, they need to correct the breakdown of fats.
- The main role in losing weight is played by the speed of lipid metabolism (fat metabolism). This is a hereditary factor. Normalization of activity intensity is required in all cases and is carried out with medical methods;
- Drugs should only be used when diets and exercise have not been effective in reducing weight.
Seme pharmacies offer effective and safe pills that can help you with your problem.
Before you start taking slimming products, you need to have scientifically-based indications:
- If it is not possible to reduce weight by more than 5% within a month, it is recommended to take pills under the supervision of a specialist;
- With a BMI of more than 35 kg / m2, drug therapy can be immediately added.
Benefits of weight loss pills
According to statistics, only 5% of patients can achieve a positive result without using drugs. The reason is the mysterious metabolism.
Some people just slightly reduce a diet and begin to move more often – and the scales show a lower figure. And others, in spite of all efforts, physical exercises and diets, see no results. This means that there is a clear need for treatment with drugs that could change the mechanisms underlying obesity.
Properly structured therapy (nutrition, exercise and chemistry) is almost 100% successful.
List of the most common weight loss drugs
The following drugs have a different scheme of action. Some drugs affect the mental state of a person, reduce appetite, some have a laxative effect, and others adjust the concentration of leptin and other hormones.
Medical experience has shown that prolonged use of tablets with a central principle of action is detrimental to other internal organs.
It is important to lose weight smoothly, gradually. Otherwise, one can seriously undermine health.
When choosing drugs that reduce weight, you should pay attention to many criteria. Most often, people choose the most inexpensive remedies. But safety should be the priority. This is especially important for long-term use.
My Canadian Pharmacy presents a list of the best drugs weight loss pills and gives useful tips on how to reduce side effects.
Xenical is a great option for weight loss. It reduces the activity of the lipase enzyme, accelerates digestion while leading to the impossibility of complete processing of fats and leaving them unchanged. The medicine can be used for years without harm to health, but before taking it, be sure to consult a doctor;
Acomplia is a slimming remedy with a double effect — it inhibits the feeling of hunger, affects the speed of metabolic processes in the body. The drug is not suitable for long-term use due to aggressive pharmaceutical action. It is used to treat patients with a significant increase in body weight, as well as concomitant type 2 diabetes mellitus. It fights obesity well but often causes side effects. It is sold under a prescription only. Treatment involves constant monitoring of the state of the hormonal background, the state of the gastrointestinal tract by laboratory methods;
Cefamadar is an anorexic remedy that eliminates the feeling of hunger. But those who want to lose weight need to take it carefully. An uncontrolled intake provokes a diametrically opposite result;
Glucophage is a good remedy for excess weight. It has a systemic effect on the production of insulin and the concentration of sugar in the blood. It is not suitable for patients with diabetes mellitus or an alleged diagnosis. The drug must be used at a specialist’s supervision and only after a complete diagnosis. The use of the drug causes an artificial feeling of satiety due to the effect on the medulla oblongata. Glucophage has a lot of contraindications and side effects;
Orlistat is an inexpensive drug that reduces weight. One capsule contains a sufficient dose of the active ingredient to get the desired result. You can start the weight loss course with 1 pack of Xenical, and then switch to Orlistat to save money. If you see no difference, then continue to take it;
Lipoxin is based on plant extracts. Its quality and safety are confirmed by certificates and clinical trial results. It naturally suppresses appetite and speeds up metabolism. You eat up in small portions and feel light. The body begins to spend accumulated fat reserves. You lose weight without feeling hunger! The composition includes Yohimbe bark extract, bitter orange extract, white willow bark extract, Cayenne pepper extract, caffeine;
Orsoten Slim contains 60 mg of orlistat in one tablet. This is two times less than what is needed for a therapeutic effect. Perhaps this is an attempt by the company to reduce the cost and side effects of the drug during weight loss. It is difficult to predict the desired result for weight adjustment. To get closer to Xenical you need to take 2 capsules three times a day;
Glumetza. The active substance Metformin eliminates insulin resistance. Craving for sweets is reduced. The drug is inferior to orlistat in strength but it can boast of safety and relatively good tolerance. The drug is suitable for long-term use;
L-carnitine is another safe drug. This vitamin-like substance (B11 or Bt) taken 2-3 grams per day can “burn” 200-300 grams of fat. The drug is inferior to the above-mentioned remedies in strength. When losing weight, its use should be accompanied by physical activity and the intake of coenzyme Q10. L-carnitine is suitable for long, smooth and physiological weight loss. It goes well with taurine;
Lida is a popular anti-obesity drug. It works very well. The drug contains herbs that reduce appetite. Nothing extra. Pharmacies offer Lida with different compositions. The last “updated” dietary supplement works softer and does not show such a stimulating effect as before;
Meridia is a quality slimming medicine from a Czech manufacturer. One capsule contains 10 or 15 mg of sibutramine. It is the most worthy and high-quality drug that reduces weight. However, it’s not available in many countries. It was in high demand due to its powerful effect. The use of Meridia requires control of heart rate and blood pressure;
Goldline is a potent and at the same time unsafe drug for weight loss. It contains sibutramine in a dose of 10 mg. The effect is not different from its predecessors. The medicine is manufactured by an Indian company.
You can supplement the main treatment with third-party drugs that are not advertised as a means for losing weight:
- Sedatives of plant origin. They stop the psychological discomfort, normalize the emotional background. Therefore, they can be used to eliminate psychological hunger. Since they do not give pronounced side effects and are considered safe, they can be taken for years. You can buy motherwort, valerian, chamomile in the form of teas or tablets;
- Diuretics. You can take them only after consulting a doctor. Soft drugs (CaroSpir, Aldactone) are used once every 1-2 weeks to normalize the amount of fluid and correct water-salt metabolism;
- Fish oil in capsules and lipoic acid. Keep in mind that you can take these products in moderate amounts.
What drugs can not be used?
- Clenbuterol. It provokes an excessive, aggressive breakdown of fats. There are cases of deadly complications;
- Brazilian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai tablets of dubious origin. That is, the vast majority of drugs produced by Asian and Latin American pharmaceutical “offices”. They provoke cancer due to the presence of phenolphthalein, its precursors and other dangerous substances.
What is the best weight loss drug?
There is no best medicine for reducing weight. Only a specialist can determine the best option for your condition after a thorough general diagnosis. Perhaps you will need to use a combination of drugs.
Keep in mind that pills for weight loss are not harmless biologically active additives. We are talking about full-fledged pharmaceuticals with indications, contraindications, dosing regimen, possible side effects. The principles of taking medications require strict observance of some rules:
- Dosage must be determined by a doctor and strictly observed in order to avoid adverse events;
- Abrupt drug withdrawal is unacceptable for the same reasons. The body gets used to the altered metabolism. If you cancel the drugs suddenly, there is a risk of complications;
- If you want to lose weight, you will have to change your whole life, change the nutrition paradigm and intensify of physical activity. Otherwise, it makes no sense;
- The principles of proper nutrition and physical activity.
According to the recommendations of nutritionists, you must adhere to the following principles:
- The total calorie intake for women of intellectual labor is 1000-1300 kcal per day, for men with the same occupation – 1400-1600 kcal. With the intensive physical work, the number of calories increases by 500-1200;
- Refusal of salt is unacceptable. This will lead to temporary weight loss. But the complete exclusion of sodium compounds from the diet will lead to cardiac problems;
- It is strictly forbidden to use diuretics in order to reduce body weight. They give a temporary effect due to the disappearance of edema but damage to the kidneys and heart. This is especially true for aggressive diuretics, such as furosemide;
- You should eat 5-6 times a day. Serving should be small (150 to 200 grams, possibly less). Gastrointestinal overload leads to prolonged digestion and fat deposition;
- Fasting while losing weight is strictly prohibited. Long, tough diets provoke the exact opposite result. The body will remember the stress and begin to accumulate fat more actively. Therefore, it is important to change the approach to nutrition itself;
- You can not lose weight dramatically. Therefore, nutrition must be complete. You should make specific calculations for the ratio. The use of protein, fat and carbohydrates should be discussed with a nutritionist. With a sharp weight loss (more than 5 kg per month), the skin will sag, the metabolism will be disturbed. A person can experience complications such as nephroptosis;
- You should not fry foods. You’d better prefer steaming, stewing, baking;
- Physical activity should be regular: cycling, swimming, jogging, etc. In the absence of the ability to adequately engage in sports, choose walking, physiotherapy exercises;
- Do not exclude sugar from your diet. But the amount consumed should be within reasonable limits. Not a whole bar of chocolate a day, but a small slice. Not a candy package, but one candy, etc.;
- The diet should include enough coarse fiber. So, it is recommended to consume fruits and vegetables. On the one hand, they will provide the necessary ballast load, on the other hand, they will accelerate the metabolism.
Safe weight loss is real science. It is impossible to figure out the huge amount of information on your own. Moreover, it is impossible to take into account all the nuances. Therefore, it is recommended to consult specialists. One pill will not be able to help you.
Category: Healthcare | Tags: health problems, medications, proper nutrition, weight, weight loss